You clicked the “About” link because, presumably, you wish to know more about The International Knitter of Mystery. Of course, the more you know about me, the less Mysterious I become. And what is life without a little mystery? I do not plan to write about my job, my family (except when they intercept or prevent my knitting directly), my locality, or the weather. I plan to blog about knitting, reading about knitting, and thinking about knitting. I hope to make you laugh (or at least smile), and point you toward Cool Knitting Stuff. I will tell you what else makes me happy, so that you can decide whether reading what I write might make you happy.
Knitting, of course, is a gimme.
Things I like, in no particular order
- British comedy
- Sexy vampire fiction (Anita Blake? yes! Bella? no!)
- Early Lime & Violet podcasts
- P.G. Wodehouse audiobooks read by Martin Jarvis
- Douglas Adams (you left us too soon)
- Live-and-let-live attitudes
- The new BBC version of Sherlock Holmes
- Circular needles
- Baby toes
- Hidden object games
- Hand-dyed sock yarn
Things that drive me round the bend, in no particular order
- Fan fiction
- Intolerance and idiocy (which so often go hand-in-hand)
- Sports, in general
- Poor editing and misuse of words (you lose weight, not loose it!)
- White chocolate
- American remakes of awesome British comedies
- Acrylic (yes, I am a yarn snob)
- Celebrity mania
- Low fat, low sugar awfulness masquerading as ice cream
Things about which I have no opinion whatever
- Justin Bieber
- Whole-grain pasta
- The Situation
- Cloth diapering
- The state of my lawn
What makes me International, you ask? This is Teh Interwebs, so we’re all International, ducks. I am on Ravelry. I am on Facebook. But you don’t know who I am <insert evil laugh here>!
I do not Tweet.